Date limite de candidature: Avril 30th 2019
His Highness Sheikh Sabah Al-Ahmad Al-Jaber Al-Sabah, the Amir of the State of Kuwait, presented an initiative to the third African Arab Summit hosted by the State of Kuwait in November 2013 in support of the development of African Nations. The initiative establishes an annual award named after the late Dr. Abdulrahman Al-Sumait, a Kuwaiti medical doctor who dedicated his life to raising funds to support humanitarian and charity work for health, education and food projects for the less fortunate in African Nations.
Le titre du prix est 'Prix Al-Sumaitpour les avancées dans les domaines de la sécurité alimentaire, de la santé et de l'éducation sur le continent africain. Le prix doit être décerné annuellement à des individus ou à des institutions dans l'un de ces domaines et a une valeur de 1,000,000 (un million de dollars américains).
L'objectif du prix
L'objectif du prix est la reconnaissance et l'appréciation des meilleures études, des projets scientifiques, de la recherche appliquée et de l'innovation qui ont exercé une influence significative et durable sur la progression du développement économique et social sur le continent africain. Les projets récompensés devraient aider les pays africains à surmonter la pauvreté, la faim, le manque d'eau potable, l'injustice ou à améliorer les soins de santé, l'alphabétisation et l'allocation des ressources économiques. Le prix devrait également souligner les succès dans les domaines suivants: sécurité alimentaire, santé et éducation.
A cash sum of $1,000,000 (one million US dollars) is awarded annually to an individual or organization within one of the three fields mentioned above along with a gold medal and certificate of recognition. The Kuwait Foundation for the Advancement of Sciences (KFAS) and the Board of Trustees for the prize will oversee the prize.
KFAS will provide administrative and logistic support and cover their costs. The announcement of the prize and an invitation for submission of nominations will be advertised annually in one of the areas of the prize, via social media and on the KFAS and Al-Sumait prize websites as well as by invitation email and advertisements.
- The nominated candidates’ research work or projects and initiatives must be innovative and must have achieved high-impact in line with international standards for the prize.
- The submitted work must be of paramount importance in promoting significant economic, social, human resources and infrastructure development in the African continent within the announced field of the prize.
- Submitted research work of a nominated candidate should be composed of studies and applied research, published in referred journals and recognized at a global level within the announced field. The research outcomes need to have been applied after publication in African countries within the past ten Adequate supporting evidence needs to be provided.
- Nominations are to be accepted from institutions and scientific centers (universities, institutes and centers of scientific research) as well as from competent regional or international and UN organizations and awards and former winners in the field of the prize or former evaluation members Nominations will only be accepted through institutions or other possible nominators mentioned above.
- All submissions must be submitted in English. If the work is carried out in other working UN languages, a comprehensive summary of the nominated work in English must be submitted.
- Fill in the prize nomination form and send it along with the scientific production works electronically in PDF format via CD, DVD, Flash Memory or via the Kuwait Foundation for the Advancement of Sciences (KFAS) Prizes Office email firstname.lastname@example.org. The nomination form can be obtained from the KFAS website Nomination Form. Applications are addressed to the Director General of the foundation.
- The nomination form and submitted works must be received before 30/04/ 2019
Pour plus d'informations: