Date limite d'inscription: July 1, 2019,
The International Relations Committee of the American College of Surgeons (ACS) est heureuse d'annoncer travel awards for surgeons aged 30 to 50. These awards, in the amount of $4,000 each, provide international surgeons with the opportunity to attend and participate fully in the educational activities of the ACS annual Clinical Congress. They are proposed to specifically assist surgeons who work in community or regional hospitals or clinics in countries other than the United States and Canada, or who are from poorly resourced academic departments of surgery in poorly resourced countries.
Une nouvelle Community Surgeon Travel Award has been donated through the generosity of the Doctors Duremdes family designated for Filipino surgeons. It gives preference to meritorious applications from Iloilo Province, Panay Island, and non-urban Philippine communities.
Each awardee will receive gratis registration to the annual Clinical Congress and to one available postgraduate course held during the Clinical Congress. Assistance will be provided to obtain preferential housing in an economical hotel in the Clinical Congress city. In 2020, the Clinical Congress takes place in Chicago, IL, October 4–8.
- Les candidats doivent être des diplômés d'écoles de médecine ayant terminé leur formation en chirurgie.
- Applicants must be at least 30 years old, but under 50, on the date that the complete application is filed.
- Les candidats doivent soumettre leurs demandes à partir de leur emplacement permanent prévu. Les demandes ne seront acceptées pour le traitement que lorsque les candidats ont pratiqué, enseigné ou fait de la recherche pendant au moins un an à leur lieu d'affectation, après avoir terminé toute formation officielle (y compris les bourses et les bourses d'études).
- Applicants must show evidence of commitment to high quality surgery, to surgical teaching, and to improving access to surgical care in their community.
- Les candidats doivent soumettre un formulaire de demande dûment rempli fourni par l'Ordre sur son site Web. La demande et les documents d'accompagnement doivent être soumis en anglais. La soumission d'un curriculum vitae seulement n'est pas acceptable.
- Preference will be given to applicants who have not already experienced training or surgical fellowships in the U.S. or Canada.
- Applicants must submit independently prepared letters of recommendation from three (3) of their colleagues. One letter must be from the chair of the department in which they hold a clinical or academic appointment or from a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons residing in their country. The chair’s or the Fellow’s letter is to directly address the applicant’s commitment to high quality surgery, surgical teaching, and improving access to surgical care locally. Letters of recommendation should be submitted by the persons making the recommendations.
- The Community Surgeon Travel Awards must be used in the year for which they are designated. They cannot be postponed.
- Awardees are expected to provide a written report upon their return home, specifically focusing on the value of the visit to the awardee and the potential beneficial effect to patients in the country of origin.
- Unsuccessful applicants may reapply only twice and only by completing and submitting a new application together with new supporting documentation.
Each awardee will receive gratis registration to the annual Clinical Congress and to one available postgraduate course held during the Clinical Congress. In order to qualify for consideration by the selection committee, all of the requirements must be fulfilled.
Procédure de demande:
- All applications for the year 2019 and all of the supporting documentation must be received online no later than July 1, 2019, afin qu'un candidat puisse être pris en considération par le comité de sélection.
- Tous les candidats seront informés de la décision du comité de sélection en novembre 2019.
- Les candidats sont priés de soumettre leurs demandes dûment remplies et les pièces justificatives le plus tôt possible afin de disposer de suffisamment de temps pour le traitement.
Questions about and application materials for this award should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pour plus d'informations: