Date limite d'inscription: 25th November 2018, 23:59 CAT,
L'Institut Africain des Sciences Mathématiques (AIMS) invites applications for three AIMS-Canada Research Chairs in Climate Change Science to be based at AIMS Rwanda. Each Chair will be provided up to USD 970,000 over a four-year period and tasked with executing a world-class research program able to contribute significantly towards building both the human capital and the scientific knowledgebase required to solve important climate change-related problems in Africa and beyond.
This Research Chairs Program was made possible by a grant from the International Development Research Centre, Ottawa, Canada, www.idrc.ca, and financial support from the Government of Canada provided through Global Affairs Canada (GAC) www.international.gc.ca . It is administered by the AIMS Global Secretariat within the framework of the Mathematical Science for Climate Change Resilience Program.
We invite applications from outstanding female African and non-African scientists whose research seeks to elucidate the scale and causes of climate change; predict climatic conditions, especially at small temporal and spatial scales; and develop and apply novel strategies for climate change adaptation and mitigation. Preference will be given to applicants whose proposed research addresses issues relating to the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), including, but not limited to, the following:
SDG #2 (zero hunger)
SDG #3 (good health and well-being)
SDG #11 (sustainable cities and communities)
The above SDGs and others not mentioned are interlinked in various ways. For example, all three SDGs mentioned are linked by, among other things, the problem of finding affordable, efficient, and durable sources of clean energy, which has important implications for mitigating climate change. Hence, multiple SDGs can be simultaneously addressed through solutions to cross-cutting, climate change-related problems.
Le demandeur devrait:
- be a female;
- hold a doctorate degree in a quantitative discipline including, but not limited to, applied mathematics, climatology, physics, chemistry, computer science, statistical ecology, or engineering;
- demonstrate significant evidence of excellent, self-initiated and self-directed research in climate change science;
- have at least two (2) years of postdoctoral experience;
- have experience supervising Master’s and/or PhD students; and
- be able to take up the chair within the first half of 2019 or before the end of 2019.
Comment faire une demande
Please complete and submit by the 25th November 2018, 23:59 CAT, the formulaire de demande en ligne to which the following documents should be attached:
- un complété research proposal form,
- un curriculum vitae,
- a letter of motivation,
- an electronic copy of three representative publications in climate change science where the applicant is the lead and/or senior author.
Three referees should email confidential letters of support directly to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “MS4CR chair application support letter – first and last name of candidate” on or before the application deadline. You should share with your referees a copy of the ‘Terms of Reference for Chairs’ et le ‘Instructions for Referees’ document. These can be downloaded on the website .
Pour plus d'informations: