Application Deadline: midday 12.00 PM (BST) on 22 Mars 2019
Bourses d'études à distance du Commonwealth are offered to citizens from low middle income Commonwealth countries. These scholarships are funded by the UK Department for International Development (DFID), with the aim of contributing to the UK’s international development aims and wider overseas interests, supporting excellence in UK higher education, and sustaining the principles of the Commonwealth.
Contribuer aux besoins de développement des pays du Commonwealth en offrant une formation à des professionnels compétents et qualifiés dans des domaines clés du développement.
Étudiants de troisième cycle de haute qualité qui souhaitent accéder à une formation non disponible dans leur pays d'origine, qui souhaitent ou doivent rester dans leur pays d'origine pendant leurs études, et qui ont le potentiel d'améliorer le développement de leur pays d'origine ils acquièrent.
Pour être admissibles à une bourse d'études à distance du Commonwealth, les candidats doivent:
- Être citoyen ou avoir obtenu le statut de réfugié par pays du Commonwealth éligibleou être une personne protégée britannique
- Be permanently resident in a low middle income Commonwealth country
- Hold a first degree of at least upper second class (2:1) standard. A lower qualification and sufficient relevant experience may be considered in certain cases.
- Be unable to afford to study the programme without this scholarship.
Les îles Salomon
Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarships provide full tuition fees and all other compulsory costs of studying a UK Master’s programme by distance learning. This includes the full cost of any residential components of a course.
Processus de sélection
Each participating UK University will conduct its own recruitment process to select a specified number of candidates for Distance Learning Scholarships. Universities must put forward their selected candidates to the CSC by 29th April 2019. The CSC will then confirm that these candidates meet the eligibility criteria for this scheme. Universities will inform candidates of their results by July 2019.
Les critères de sélection comprennent:
- Mérite académique du candidat
- Impact potentiel du travail sur le développement du pays d'origine du candidat
Comment faire une demande
You should apply to study an eligible Master’s course at a UK university that is participating in the Distance Learning scheme. Click here for a list of participating universities and eligible courses.
You must also secure admission to your course in addition to applying for a Distance Learning Scholarship. You must check with your chosen university for their specific advice on when to apply, admission requirements, and rules for applying. You must make your application using the CSC’s online application system, in addition to any other application that you are required to complete by your chosen university. The CSC will not accept any applications that are not submitted via the online application system.
You can apply for more than one course and/or to more than one university, but you may only accept one offer of a Distance Learning Scholarship.
All applications must be submitted by midday 12.00 PM (BST) on 22 March 2019 at the latest.
Your application must include the following supporting documentation by 12:00 PBST) on 5 April 2019 in order for your application to be eligible for consideration:
- Copy of your valid passport or national ID card showing your photograph, date of birth, and country of citizenship – uploaded to the online application system
- At least one reference – submitted directly by the referee to the online application system. Referees will be sent an email request however applicants are responsible for seeking permission from their referees in advance of submitting their application; for ensuring that their referees are available to complete the reference by the deadline; and that the referees have received the reference request email.
- An offer letter to start your chosen course of study in the 2019-2020 academic year – uploaded to the online application system
- Full transcripts detailing all your higher education qualifications (with certified translations if not in English) – uploaded to the online application system
Pour plus d'informations: