Date limite d'inscription: 16: 00 (GMT) on 04 Février 2019
Bourses d'études du Commonwealth Split-site sont pour les candidats au doctorat des pays du Commonwealth à revenu faible et moyen, de passer jusqu'à 12 mois dans une université britannique dans le cadre de leurs études de doctorat dans leur pays d'origine.
Financé par le Département britannique pour le développement international (DFID), Commonwealth Split-site Scholarships enable talented and motivated individuals to gain the knowledge and skills required for sustainable development, and are aimed at those who could not otherwise afford to study in the UK. These scholarships are offered under six themes:
- Science et technologie pour le développement
- Renforcement des systèmes de santé et de la capacité
- Promouvoir la prospérité mondiale
- Renforcer la paix mondiale, la sécurité et la gouvernance
- Renforcer la résilience et la réponse aux crises
- Accès, inclusion et opportunité
To apply for these scholarships, you must: Be a citizen of or have been granted refugee status by an eligible Commonwealth country, or be a British Protected Person
- Be permanently resident in an eligibleCommonwealth country
- Be registered for a PhD at a university in aneligible Commonwealth country by the time your scholarship isconfirmed(September 2019)
- Ensure that an institutional or departmentallink exists between your home university and your proposed UK university. Thislink must be greater than simply a collaboration between individuals –see ‘Tenureand placement’ on page for further details. Both supervisors must provide asupporting statement which includes details of the link in order for yourapplication to be eligible.
- Be available to start your academic studies inthe UK by the start of the UK academic year in September/October 2019
- By October 2019, hold a first degree of at leastupper second class (2:1) honours standard, or a second class degree and arelevant postgraduate qualification (usually a Master’s degree)·Beunable to afford to study in the UK without this scholarship
These scholarships are for:
- Applicants who are citizens of or have been granted refugee status by an eligible Commonwealth country, or be a British Protected Person
- 12 months study at a UK university as part of an applicant’s doctoral studies in their home country, starting in October 2019
- Applicants who are registered (or will be registered by September 2019) for a PhD at a university in an eligible Commonwealth country
- Study at a UK university with which your home university has an established institutional or departmental link.
- Study at a UK university which has a part funding agreement with the CSC
Pays du Commonwealth éligibles
Les îles Salomon
Afrique du Sud
Valeur de la bourse d'études:
Chaque bourse fournit:
· Approved airfare from your home country to the UK and return at the end of your award (the CSC will not reimburse the cost of fares for dependants, nor the cost of journeys made before your award is confirmed)
· Approved tuition fees
· Stipend (living allowance) at the rate of £1,084 per month, or £1,330
per month for those at universities in the London metropolitan area (rates quoted at 2018-2019 levels)
· Warm clothing allowance, where applicable
· Study travel grant towards the cost of study-related travel within the UK or overseas
· If you are widowed, divorced, or a single parent, child allowance of £
per month for the first child, and £ 114
per month for the second and third child
under the age of 16, if you are accompanied by your children and they are living with you at the same address in the UK
Comment faire une demande
You must make your application directly to the CSC using the CSC’s online application system. The CSC will not accept any applications that are not submitted via the online application system. You are not required to apply via a nominating body for these scholarships.
Only one application per applicant for these scholarships will be accepted.
Application deadline: Your application must be submitted by 16: 00 (GMT) on 04 Février 2019 au plus tard.
You are advised to complete and submit your application as soon as possible, as the online application system will be very busy in the days leading up to the application deadline.
Supporting documentation deadline: Your application must include the following supporting documentation by 16: 00 (GMT) on 18 Février 2019
- Copy of your valid passport (or national ID card) showing your photograph, date of birth, and country of citizenship – uploaded to the online application system
- Full transcripts detailing tout your higher education qualifications (with certified translations if not in English) – uploaded to the online application system
- Supporting statement from your supervisor at your home country university, highlighting current institutional links submitted directly by your supervisor to the online application system (supervisors will be sent an email request).
- Supporting statement from your proposed supervisor at a UK university, highlighting current institutional links submitted directly by your supervisor to the online application system (supervisors will be sent an email request).
- Reference from at least one other individual – submitted directly by the referee to the online application system (referees will be sent an email request)
The CSC will not accept supporting documentation submitted outside the online application system.
Access the online application system
Le bouton système de demande en ligne Est maintenant ouvert.
Pour plus d'informations:
Visitez la page Web officielle des bourses du Commonwealth Split-site (PhD) 2019