Date limite d'inscription: 1st February 2019, 16:00 GMT
Les prix de l'African Career Accelerator (CAN ACA) du Crick African Network will provide Fellowship support for African Post-Doctoral researchers (or non-African citizens with permanent residency status) who are aiming to make the transition to becoming an independent researcher and launching their own research group. The CAN ACA awards will invest in early-career researchers who have demonstrated strong scientific and leadership potential, as well as a commitment to continuing their research on the African continent.
Fellowships are for a duration of jusqu'à deux ans, and may include personal salary/stipend, visa costs and research expenses to implement the research. The Fellowships will be undertaken in not less than two locations:
The Francis Crick Institute (‘the Crick’, UK) and at one of the five African partner institutions: The University of Ghana (Ghana), Stellenbosch University (South Africa), University of Cape Town (South Africa), MRC Unit The Gambia at LSHTM (The Gambia) and MRC/UVRI and LSHTM Uganda Research Unit. Fellows will spend at least six months in each location, although this can be accumulated in more than one visit.
The remainder of the fellowship could be spent at the Crick, the African partner institution, or a third institution situated in Africa. It is expected that approximately six fellowships will be awarded in this round, each with a value of up to £145,000. Provision has been made to cover costs of travel for both relocation and conferences, as well as research related costs for consumables. Each fellowship also includes the option of the purchase of equipment, with a single item up to a value of £10,000, and a total budget of £20,000.
Les boursiers seront soutenus par deux superviseurs / conseillers: un de chaque membre du Crick et de l'institution partenaire africaine choisie, ainsi que l'option d'un support de l'un des 14 Crick. Plateformes technologiques scientifiques (STP) qui se spécialisent dans des techniques et technologies spécifiques.
- Applicants must be a citizen or have permanent residency status of one of the 55 nations africaines, tel que défini par l'Union africaine.
- Applicants will also have a PhD and have no more than 6 years’ post-doctoral research experience (with allowances for legitimate career breaks) but more than 2 years’ post-doctoral experience unless the applicant has an outstanding track-record, supported by publication and employment history.
Domaines de recherche
- The scope of the research themes which can be undertaken as part of this Award can be defined as a biomedical study of infectious diseases of poverty, with an emphasis on Tuberculosis, Malaria and HIV/AIDS, but also extending to neglected tropical diseases or non-communicable diseases with an infection component.
- Clinical research is possible, but will have to be discussed specifically with potential supervisors/ advisors and institutions to confirm whether resources are available to support the research. It will not normally be possible to conduct clinical research whilst in the UK.
- Epidemiological or social science research on the above themes are considered out of scope.
- Deadline for Expression of Interest is 1 Janvier 2019
- Deadline for full applications is 1 Février 2019, 16: 00 GMT
See how to apply below for application form and guidance notes.
- To apply, applicants must first submit a mandatory Formulaire d'expression d'intérêt, and read the Guidance Notes for Expression of Interest form.
- The Expression of Interest form for the second round of the call will be available between Thursday 1st November 2018 and 23:59 GMT 2nd January 2019. Expressions of interest submitted after this time will be put forward for the third round of the call, which will close for Expressions of Interest on the 1st April 2019, and full applications for that round will close on 1st Mai 2019.
- The purpose of the Expression of Interest form (EoI) is to establish eligibility as well as confirming supervisory arrangements for applicants.
- Eligible applicants will be provided with the link to the online application portal which closes at 16:00 GMT on Friday 1st Février 2019.
- Applicants successful at the full application stage will be invited to interview. Interviews will take place during March 2019.
- The outcome of applications will be announced at the end of April 2019.
Pour plus d'informations, email [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Pour plus d'informations: