Date limite d'inscription: 5pm EST on November 30th, 2018.
As part of the 21st Africa Business Conference, the Africa Business Club will be hosting the New Venture Competition on February 15th, 2019. The New Venture Competition aims to showcase the diversity of entrepreneurs making a difference on the continent today.
The competition is open to all African entrepreneurs with businesses focused on shaping Africa’s future. Entrepreneurs who offer unique and homegrown solutions to local problems and who meet the following eligibility criteria are highly encouraged to apply:
- Startups à un stade précoce (à but lucratif ou sans but lucratif)
- Centré sur l'Afrique avec une majorité ou l'ensemble de ses opérations en Afrique
- Moins de 50 employés
- Moins de 5 années d'exploitation
- Raised less $250,000 in funding to date
- Les finalistes de 10 will be invited to pitch their business in front of approximately 700 attendees and receive feedback from a panel of experienced judges. The competition winner and runner-up will be awarded cash prizes of $10,000 et $5,000, Respectivement.
- The top 20 shortlisted ventures will also have the opportunity to showcase their companies at the Startup Fair to network and and interact with distinguished panelists and conference attendees.
The judges will evaluate the venture’s potential for economic success and the likelihood of achieving that success based upon the team’s plan, experience, and the validation of key assumptions and a clear and convincing presentation of the following:
- Value proposition and business model (including market validation of value proposition/growth hypothesis)
- Team expertise and ability to execute
- Opportunité de marché
- Geopolitical and industry context
- Potential risks and mitigants
- Realistic assumptions underlying any financial projections
- Defined milestones and execution plan
Procédure de demande:
- Please download the application form ICI, enter your company’s details, and save the completed form.
- Upon completion, send the application form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Toutes les demandes doivent être reçues par 5pm EST on November 30th, 2018.
- se sentir libre S'il vous plaît à nous contacter au email@example.com et posez nous toutes les questions.
Pour plus d'informations: