Application Deadline:15 January 2019 – 23:59 (Central European Time)
Le programme de bourses d'études Stipendium Hungaricum was launched in 2013 by the Hungarian Government. The main goal of the programme regarding the education policy is to support the internationalisation of the Hungarian higher education and its constant development, to strengthen the international relations of the Hungarian academic and research community, to enhance the cultural diversity of the higher education institutions and to promote the good reputation and competitiveness of the Hungarian higher education throughout the world. The programme also aims to establish and encourage the personal and professional attachment of foreign graduated students to Hungary and contribute to the promotion of the Hungarian culture and language abroad.
La principale mission du programme est d'augmenter le nombre d'étudiants étrangers en Hongrie et d'encourager les établissements d'enseignement supérieur hongrois à attirer les meilleurs étudiants étrangers.
The programme is based on bilateral educational cooperation agreements signed between the Ministries responsible for education in the sending countries/territories and Hungary or between institutions. Currently nearly 70 Sending Partners are engaged in the programme throughout 5 different continents and the geographical scope of the programme is spreading each year.
Thousands of students from all around the world apply for higher educational studies in Hungary each year. The number of Stipendium Hungaricum applicants is continuously increasing as well as the number of available scholarship places. In the 2018/2019 round of applications, more than 4100 scholarships were awarded. In the academic year 2019/2020 more than 5000 students can begin their studies in Hungary in the framework of the Stipendium Hungaricum Programme.
Les bourses Stipendium Hungaricum sont disponibles pour les programmes de licence, de master, de master à un seul niveau, de doctorat et de non diplôme (cours préparatoires et de spécialisation).
Both full degree and partial (exchange) study modes are available, depending on/defined in the specific bilateral educational cooperation agreement. Full degree programmes are programmes that lead to a bachelor, master or doctoral degree. One-year programmes do not lead to a degree but provide a preparatory course before a degree programme or a specialisation course after a degree programme.
Valeur de la bourse d'études:
- Éducation sans frais de scolarité
exemption du paiement des frais de scolarité
- Allocation mensuelle
– non-degree, bachelor, master and one-tier master level: monthly amount of HUF 40 460 (cca EUR 130) contribution to the living expenses in Hungary, for 12 months a year, until the completion of studies
– doctoral level: according to the current Hungarian legislation, the monthly amount of scholarship is HUF 140 000 (cca EUR 450) for the first phase of education (4 semesters) and HUF 180 000 (cca EUR 580) for the second phase (4 semesters) – for 12 months a year, until completion of studies. Please see details in section 1.2.1.
- Contribution à l'hébergement
– free dormitory place or a contribution of HUF 40 000/month to accommodation costs for the whole duration of the scholarship period
– Please note that if the student does not live in the dormitory, then the HUF 40 000/month is a contribution to that rental costs, and in bigger cities – especially in the capital city – this contribution would not cover the full amount of rental costs.
- Assurance médicale
– health care services according to the relevant Hungarian legislation (Act No. 80 of 1997, national health insurance card) and supplementary medical insurance for up to HUF 65 000 (cca EUR 205) a year/person
Partenaires d'envoi éligibles
Le programme Stipendium Hungaricum est basé sur des accords bilatéraux de coopération éducative efficaces entre le ministère des Capacités humaines de Hongrie et le ministère partenaire de l'enseignement supérieur. Les demandes seront considérées comme éligibles si le demandeur est désigné par les autorités responsables du partenaire d'envoi.
For full time programmes, students can apply from the following Sending Partners: Arab Republic of Egypt, Argentine Republic, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia, Federal Republic of Nigeria, Federative Republic of Brazil, Georgia, Islamic Republic of Iran*, Islamic Republic of Pakistan, Japan, Kingdom of Cambodia, Kingdom of Morocco, Kingdom of Thailand, Kurdistan Regional Government/Iraq, Kyrgyz Republic, Lao People’s Democratic Republic, Lebanese Republic, Macedonia, Malaysia, Mongolia, Montenegro, Oriental Republic of the Uruguay, Pacific Alliance (member states: Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Peru), Palestine, People’s Democratic Republic of Algeria, People’s Republic of Bangladesh, People’s Republic of China (including the Hudec scholarships), Republic of Albania, Republic of Angola, Republic of Azerbaijan, Republic of Belarus, Republic of Cabo Verde, Republic of Colombia, Republic of Cuba, Republic of Ecuador, Republic of Ghana, Republic of India, Republic of Indonesia, Republic of Iraq, Republic of Kazakhstan, Republic of Kenya, Republic of Korea, Republic of Kosovo, Republic of Moldova, Republic of Namibia, Republic of Paraguay, Republic of Serbia, Republic of Singapore, Republic of South Africa, Republic of the Sudan
The deadline for submitting the complete application package:
15 January 2019 – 23:59 (Central European Time)
The online application system can be reached here: apply.stipendiumhungaricum.hu
Pour plus d'informations: