Application Deadline: midnight Sunday, Nov. 18. 2018
Êtes-vous prêt à rejoindre les rangs de Kiplinger Fellows - des journalistes formés pour prospérer à l'ère numérique? The Kiplinger Program in Public Affairs Journalism at Ohio University seeks innovative journalists with a strong desire to reboot their digital skills. You need at least five years of professional experience to apply (yes, internships count).
Selected Fellows will spend a week at Ohio University’s beautiful main campus in Athens, immersed in hands-on training led by national experts. We’ll focus on using digital and social media to build a stronger following, develop new sources and enhance your reporting. We’ll help you sharpen reporting skills to hold government and institutions accountable
Since 1973, journalists have competed for prestigious Kiplinger Fellowships at Ohio State University. In recent years, hundreds of journalists from around the world have applied annually for 20 to 25 slots – positioning the Kiplinger Fellowship among a handful of nationally prominent journalism fellowships.
The fellowship will run Sunday, April 7 to Friday, April 12 at the E.W. Scripps School of Journalism at Ohio University in Athens. OU is located 80 miles south of Columbus.
The fellowship will cover a variety of relevant digital media topics such as cybersecurity for journalists, mobile videography, data journalism and data visualization, social media sleuthing, ethical and legal issues as well as specific topics selected by our granted fellows.
- The Kiplinger Fellowship will cover your hotel accommodations for the week, pay for many of your meals and provide you with a full week of immersive digital training. Fellows (or their news organizations) will be responsible for arranging and paying for transportation to and from the John Glen International Airport in Columbus, Ohio. For journalists working outside the United States, limited travel stipends (totally no more than half of the airfare) will be available.
Processus de demande:
- All applicants must apply online using the Qualtrics process, using the link below. All applications started must be completed in that time session, so please have prepared materials on hand when starting the application.
- All applications must have a bio, explanation for applying and three work samples. Those who don’t meet these requirements won’t be considered.
Avant de commencer, vous pouvez écrire ces quatre pièces, que vous pouvez ensuite copier et coller dans l'application:
1. Une bio courte (maximum de mots 150).
2. Une brève explication de la façon dont la bourse Kiplinger vous serait utile, ainsi qu'à votre salle de rédaction (maximum de mots 200).
3. Liens Web vers trois histoires récentes qui mettent en valeur votre talent. Les journalistes internationaux dont le travail n'apparaît pas en anglais doivent fournir des traductions anglaises de trois histoires (détails ci-dessous).
4. Deux références qui connaissent bien votre travail (nom, titre, organisation, email, téléphone).
Show us you are prepared. Please have your materials ready when you begin the application process. If you start an application and don’t finish it, you have to start over again when you return. Preparation will save you time and grief.
Si vous avez des questions, veuillez contacter Kevin Z. Smith à l'adresse email@example.com ou 614-688-7464.
Pour plus d'informations: