Date limite d'inscription: 27 January 2019
The NEF Fellows is a select programme that recognises Africa’s best young scientists and technologists. These innovators and emerging leaders, at least 40 percent of whom are women, will have two main opportunities as a NEF Fellow
1. Advance their scientific career. NEF Fellows have a unique platform to:
- Present their work at the NEF Global Gathering in the presence of leading scientists, journalists, industries and business people from around the world.
- Gain exposure to a global audience of approximately 100 million viewers and readers worldwide.
- Draw upon the vast networks of NEF members and participants for support, connections, and counsel to advance their work.
- Develop mentoring relationships with leading scientists, policymakers, industry representatives and civil-society leaders
2. Inspire the next generation of African innovators. NEF Fellows participate in campaigns and events to encourage young people to pursue scientific careers.
Le programme des Fellows du NEF consists of Africa’s most brilliant young scientists that the NEF showcases on the global stage. The NEF Fellows programme provides these brilliant young minds with the opportunity to present their research and draw upon the vast networks of NEF members and participants for support, connections and advice to advance their work. Applications to the NEF Fellows programme are open to Africans from around the world – including those who currently reside in the Diaspora – in all fields of science, including the social sciences and technology.
Each class of NEF Fellows is a unique and diverse group that is representative of a wide range of research interests, experiences and perspectives but united in their extraordinary achievements, dedication to a global understanding of science and passion to improve Africa’s representation on the global scientific stage.
• Be 42 years of age or less as of 31 December, 2019
• Tenez un passeport d'un pays africain
• Hold a PhD in a field of science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics or the social sciences
• Have a demonstrated track record of research/findings that have global impact
• You are passionate about raising Africa’s profile in STEM globally
• Capable de présenter clairement son travail à un auditoire en anglais ou en français
Benefits of NEF Fellowship:
• Attend the prestigious, invitation-only NEF Global Gathering 2020 in Nairobi, Kenya, in March 2020 alongside: Nobel Prize winners; experienced and emerging scientists; Heads of State; and representatives from leading global corporations and civil society organizations. For a brief snapshot of the NEF Global Gathering 2018 click ici
• Attend the NEF Community of Scientists Annual Meeting and together with previous classes of fellows and ambassadors, finalize a work plan for the Community of Scientists.
• A unique opportunity to present your research and showcase your innovations as an example of the potential of young, exceptional scientific talent from Africa
• Collaborate with, receive mentoring from, and partner with leading scientists, policy-makers, industry representatives and civil-society leaders, as well as other exceptional young African scientists.
• A unique opportunity to be a part of the NEF Fellows Tour to an African country or participate in the NEF Visiting Scientist Programme to showcase your research project(s) and establish collaborations in your field
• Contribuer à l'établissement d'une vision globale positive de la science en Afrique
• Application and programme participation are completely free
• Applications ouvertes - 15 November 2018
• Fermeture des applications - 27 January 2019
• Pre-selection – February 2019
• Final Selection by the Scientific Programme Committee – March 2019
• Publication des résultats - 15 June 2019
Pour plus d'informations: