Date limite de candidature: Décembre 2nd, 2018
Programme/ Department: Bourse
Type de contrat: N / a
Le salaire: GBP 21,000 (GBP 23,000 in the second year) plus accommodation allowance
Localisation: Overseas Development Institute
Heures D'ouverture: Full time
ODI’s prestigious Fellowship Scheme gives postgraduate economists and statisticians the chance to work in developing country public sectors as local civil servants on two-year contracts.
Le programme a deux objectifs: fournir aux gouvernements des pays en développement des économistes et des statisticiens juniors de haut calibre où il existe des lacunes dans les capacités locales; et de donner aux économistes et aux statisticiens de troisième cycle une expérience de travail pratique dans un pays en développement.
Since 1963 we have sent more than 1,000 economists and statisticians on two-year postings to more than 40 countries across Africa, Asia, the Caribbean and the Pacific, with many going on to successful careers in government, multilateral institutions, academia and the private sector. More than one hundred Fellows are currently in post.
The Scheme is open to candidates of all nationalities provided they have a master’s degree or PhD in economics, statistics or a related discipline. Postings are determined primarily by the needs of partner governments rather than the preferences of candidates themselves.
- The Scheme places young and highly motivated économistes et statisticiens in public sector posts in developing country governments on two-year contracts. Applicants can apply for either Économie et / ou Statistiques streams provided they are suitably qualified.
- In addition, this year we are looking for health economists or economists interested in health for Fellowships sponsored by the UK’s Fleming Fund.
- The ODI Fellowship Scheme is open to candidates of all nationalities who have a master’s degree or PhD in economics, statistics or a related field.
- Suitable specialised qualifications at postgraduate level include agricultural economics, environmental economics, international economics, health economics, development economics, and econometrics and statistics.
- For those studying for a postgraduate degree at the time of application, the award of a Fellowship is conditional upon the successful completion of the postgraduate degree.
- The ODI Fellowship Scheme posts Fellows under two streams: economics and statistics. Candidates can apply under one or both of the Fellowship streams provided they have the right qualifications: economics and statistics.
- Applicants must be willing to commit to a two-year posting in any of the countries that participate in the Scheme.
- Applications are strengthened by a demonstrable interest in development, relevant work or voluntary experience in a developing country, language competence in French, Portuguese or Swahili, and strong IT skills.
- The Scheme regularly attracts approximately equal numbers of male and female candidates.
L'employeur local est normalement responsable de:
• payer un salaire équivalent à ce qui serait payable à un ressortissant recruté localement ayant des qualifications et une expérience similaires
• providing conditions of service such as leave entitlement, expense allowances and medical insurance similar to those offered to local staff in similar grades
• S'assurer que les boursiers reçoivent de l'aide pour obtenir des permis de travail et des autorisations de sécurité, au besoin.
ODI est normalement responsable de:
• la sélection des boursiers
•providing Fellows’ pre-departure briefing and allowances
•paying a monthly supplement which takes into account local income, taxation, and accommodation costs
•paying Fellows’ transport and baggage expenses at the start and end of the two-year contract
•providing emergency medical insurance while in post
•providing information by email and text message about security issues in Fellows’ countries of posting
•paying an end-of-Fellowship bonus, provided Fellows complete the full two-year assignment.
Date de clôture: 02 décembre 2018
interview: Février 11-18, 2019
Évaluation: Février 11-18, 2019
Processus de demande:
- Please note that the application process will close on December 2nd, 2018, and applications must be submitted by 23:59 (GMT) to be considered.
- If you are experiencing problems with your application, please contact the Fellowship Scheme office on [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Pour plus d'informations: