Application Deadline: 24 June at 16:00 CET (4:00 PM CET)
Since the late Middle Ages, the notion of the “Renaissance Man” has celebrated those people who are well-rounded, broadly knowledgeable and capable across the arts and the sciences, and able to approach problems holistically. This year marks the five hundredth year since the passing of the world’s most famous Renaissance Man: Leonardo da Vinci, the Italian polymath who simultaneously excelled as scientist, engineer, writer, artist, and musician.
Today, highly educated people tend more toward specialization, but in settings that still encourage cross-disciplinary thinking, people are more likely to …
- Challenge outdated assumptions and conventions of thought and behavior,
- Explore and discover new realms of artistic, physical, and intellectual achievement, and
- Develop different and broader visions of themselves.
Écrire des invites
(meant to trigger the thinking process, not to require direct responses)
- How can the spirit of the Renaissance improve the practice of management?
- Do we still need polymaths? What will their value be in the twenty-first century?
- What will be the role of specialists?
- How would you define a “Renaissance Manager”?
- Given the variety of possible learning and teaching approaches, what should be the main focus in developing tomorrow’s leaders, as learners go from kindergarten all the way to business school and beyond?
- Is the “tech” side of the business world sufficiently in touch with the human side, and how could Drucker’s notion of management as a liberal art strengthen that connection?
- What knowing-doing capacities, personal traits, and social skills are required today to lead organizations successfully?
- Just as the notion of the “Renaissance Man” emerged in Europe, other compelling ideas arose elsewhere. How might they inform the practice of management?
- What synthesis happens inside your brain as you work to realize your dreams, and your career path? Have personal experiences taught lessons in how to think more holistically reflective of your own culture, gender, age, parenting, schooling, or occupation.
Un prix en espèces de € 1,000 (to be given at awards ceremony)
Participation gratuite et un statut de renonciation aux frais d'inscription (regular fee +/- € 2,000) for the 11th Forum mondial de Peter Drucker qui se tiendra à Vienne le Novembre-21 22, 2019 at the Imperial Palace (Hofburg) (including conference bag and brochure, buffet lunches, and coffee breaks at the conference venue)
Funding of travel expenses: As a winner, your international travel and accommodation costs for attending the Forum will be reimbursed based on our travel process & policy. If you need visa to travel to Austria, we will advise early travel arrangements.
Invitation aux événements de pré-conférence on November 20: Drucker Challenge Get-Together at Kabarett Simpl (with partner) and Speakers Reception at House of Industry (with partner). Networking events with buffets.
Invitation to the Young Generation Luncheon events at Hofburg (hosted by one of our prominent speakers)
Invitation à l'événement de gala on November 21 with seated dinner and awards ceremony (with partner)
Possibilité de réseau with top management thinkers and practitioners during coffee breaks
Certificat avec classement
Classement et publication de l'essai sur ce site
Invitation to join the exclusive Drucker Challenge Alumni Community on social media networks
One-year-all-access subscription to the Harvard Business Review
- You must be 18-35 years old (inclusive of both ages)
- Vous ne devez pas avoir été sélectionné plus d'une fois (ou pas du tout) parmi les meilleurs 10 depuis 2010.
Essay category requirements
You can submit one essay to participate as either a student or a professional
- You are a part-time or full-time student (bachelor, master, MBA, or PhD) or you are seeking your first opportunity after the completion of your last degree
Vous êtes un
- manager of people, projects, budgets, and/or processes
- an entrepreneur or business owner
- licensed professional
- social volunteer or community leader
|Paroles||1500 à 3000 (à l'exclusion des notes de bas de page et des graphiques) en format PDF ou Word|
|Taille de la police||Points 12|
|Date limite||24 June at 16:00 CET (4:00 PM CET)|
|Anonymat||Your name must not be included anywhere in the essay|
|Exclusivité||Entries must be produced exclusively by you (no group work) for the specific purpose of this competition, and must not have been published elsewher|
To submit your Essay
Aller à SOUMISSION in the main menu, fill in the form and upload your essay.
In case you encounter problems with uploading, please contact
Support technique: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Veuillez noter que
- NO entry fees to be paid
- Authors from all around the world are invi
Pour plus d'informations: