Date limite d'inscription: 30th April 2019
Sasol has established a reputation in the market as an employer of choice. The bursaries programme does not differ, it is one of the most sought after bursary programmes in South Africa. With the scarcity of talent in South Africa and globally it is essential for Sasol to ensure continuous availability of skills to sustain our growth. The Sasol bursary programme is a critical talent lever to enable us to meet our strategic and transformation objectives. It is a talent-based scheme for South African citizens, where applicants who meet the minimum criteria may be invited to a selection interview.
The Sasol Bursary Scheme comprises a comprehensive package that covers both financial as well as developmental support throughout the study period. Bursaries awarded are for full-time university studies in engineering, science and accounting. Upon successful completion of the study period, students may be employed within the Sasol Group through the Graduate Development Programme.
All applications are done electronically, in order to speed up the selection process as well as to enable electronic tracking of applications received within a particular period. The number of bursaries awarded each year is dependent on the business need. Consequently, failure to secure a Sasol bursary is not necessarily due to poor performance on the part of the applicant but may be a reflection of insufficient business demand.
Les apprenants de niveau 12 doivent avoir obtenu les notes suivantes:
BEng et BSc
B Com Accounting
If you are already studying towards the degree course for which you are applying for a bursary, you must have passed all courses for which you have registered at the university for the study period already completed.
- Les demandes doivent être pour des études à temps plein vers un diplôme universitaire dans une université sud-africaine accréditée.
- Les candidats doivent être des citoyens sud-africains avec un numéro d'identification valide.
- Tous les candidats invités à une entrevue doivent être disposés à subir un test psychométrique.
La bourse Sasol est une bourse complète qui comprend ce qui suit:
- 100% des frais de scolarité prescrits par l'université, des frais d'inscription et des frais d'examen.
- An amount equal to the average rate for accommodation in a single room at a university residence at the university at which the Sasol bursar is studying. This rate is determined by Sasol in conjunction with the university.
- Un montant pour les repas basé sur trois repas par jour, tel que déterminé par l'université.
- Un montant d'environ R12 000,00 par an, vers le livre et l'argent de poche
- Les frais de scolarité prescrits, les frais d'inscription et les frais d'examen sont payés directement à l'université.
- Fees for accommodation are paid directly to the university if the student is staying in university-administered accommodation Students will be required to pay for any repeat subjects.
- In cases where the student elects to stay in non-university administered accommodation, monies in lieu of accommodation and meals will be paid directly to the individual. In such instances, the amounts will be limited to that prescribed in points 2 and 3 above.
- Le livre et l'argent de poche seront payés directement à l'individu.
- Payments in respect of the above are made twice a year. The first payment is made at the beginning of the first semester, and the second payment is made at the beginning of the second semester.
- Full details of the payment process and the requirements which must be met are communicated to successful applicants once a bursary has been awarded.
- Successful applicants will be bound contractually to work at Sasol after graduation for a period equal to the tenure of the bursary.
What does a Sasol Postgraduate bursary include?
Postgraduate students receive a monthly allowance around R10 000 for the duration of their studies (24 months Masters Degree and 36 months PhD degree).
The Sasol Bursary Programme offers bursaries on the basis of a service-binding (work back obligation after graduation) contract. Applications may be submitted for one of the following fields of study:
Études de premier cycle:
|B Eng ou BSc Ingénierie||B Sc||B Com|
|Chimique||Chimie (Masters obligatoires)||B Com Accounting CA Stream (CTA, PGDA compulsory)|
|mécanique||Géologie (Hons obligatoire)|
|Électrique||Métallurgie (Hons obligatoire)|
Masters and PhD bursaries in Chemistry and Chemical Engineering
Université de Technologie:
- Génie électrique
- Process Instrumentation
- Génie Mécanique
- Levé de mines
Remarque: Aucune bourse n'est accordée dans les domaines d'études non énumérés ci-dessus. Les bourses ne sont pas nécessairement attribuées dans chaque domaine d'études chaque année. Les candidats doivent soumettre une demande basée sur un intérêt réel dans le domaine et doit être un citoyen sud-africain.
Les critères de sélection:
- Undergraduate, University of Technology and Postgraduate applications should be submitted to Sasol by no later than 30 April 2019, for the 2020 academic year.
- Applications should be submitted online. For more info go to the Comment puis-je postuler page
- Applicants, who do not have internet access or access to an internet cafe in their area, may contact our Sasol Bursary Application Helpline at 086 010 6235 pour assistance.
- All applicants short-listed to attend an interview will be notified by the fin mai 2019. Notification is done telephonically as well as via written correspondence.
- Selection interviews usually take place during the June/July public school holidays each year. Applicants will be assessed by means of a structured panel interview as well as psychometric tests and therefore it will be required of them to stay over in Secunda for one night.
- Applicants will be reimbursed for travel expenses to attend the selection day up to a maximum amount, as predetermined by Sasol.
- The outcome of the selection event will be communicated to applicants by the end-of August. Please note that no correspondence in this regard will be entered into prior to this date.
- Successful candidates will be provided with comprehensive documentation relating to the Sasol Bursary Programme, as well as a written contract and other documentation for completion.
- Bursaries are awarded for commencement in the following academic year and no payments are made in respect of studies already completed.
Pour plus d'informations: