Date limite d'inscription: 15th January 2019.
Applications pour le Programme de bourses TGCL (LLM) 2019 / 2020 sont maintenant acceptés
Centre tanzanien-allemand pour les études juridiques de l'Afrique de l'Est (TGCL) invite les candidatures des candidats des États partenaires de la Communauté d'Afrique de l'Est Burundi, Kenya, Rwanda, Soudan du Sud, Tanzanie et Ouganda) pour les études LLM à partir 1st Novembre 2019.
The candidates will pursue an LLM programme on East African Community Law and Regional Integration Law. The programme takes one year of full-time attendance.
On successful completion of the programme, a student will obtain a Master of Laws degree from the University of Dar es Salaam and an additional TGCL Certificate.
Research Agenda of the TGCL
There is a significant research component to the LLM programme in the form of a dissertation. All LLM dissertations must focus on East African Community law (EAC law), if possible, in relation to the student’s national law.
The TGCL will award scholarships to applicants from EAC Partner States only which will cover:
- the university fees and TGCL fees for the LLM programme;
- a reasonable health insurance; and
- a cost of living stipend of 3,360 EUR for one year
Le demandeur doit s'inscrire en ligne sur le site Web de TGCL et soumettre les documents suivants par voie électronique:
- un curriculum vitae signé avec des preuves évidentes de périodes d'éducation juridique et autre pertinentes, de formation et d'expérience pratique. Il est obligatoire d'utiliser le modèle de CV Europass (http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu).
- a one-page letter of motivation
- certified photocopies of all relevant certificates (birth certificate, school leaving certificates, academic transcripts, certificates of legal or other professional education, including provisional results for applicants who are in the final year of their LLB studies); in the case of documents not written in English, an official translation should be attached
- une photo récente de passeport
- une lettre de libération de votre employeur (si vous êtes employé)
- a proposal of the intended research (1,500 words) – see annexed guidelines. It is important to include your name on the proposal.
Application for Admission to the University of Dar es Salaam
- This advertisement is for scholarships offered by the TGCL. Admissions to the University of Dar es Salaam are made by the University administration separately and independently.
- TGCL scholarships can be granted only to candidates admitted for studies at the University of Dar es Salaam.
- TGCL will inform successful scholarship applicants early enough to allow them to apply for admission in the University of Dar es Salaam.
- They will have to follow up postgraduate admission advertisements at the University of Dar es Salaam website and apply for admission as soon as the same is posted.
An applicant must consider the following general points when drafting the research proposal:
- A comprehensive and thorough reading of relevant materials is necessary as part of the preparation for an acceptable research proposal.
- The topic and the research proposal should be on a very specific legal problem within a particular area of law. It is therefore advised to avoid general topics such as “A comparison of trade law in Tanzania and Kenya in the light of EAC law” or “The relevance of the rule of law in East Africa” as they are too broad and unspecific.
- The proposal should contain a detailed outline which reveals the intended structure of the dissertation.
- The proposal should be accompanied by a bibliography containing the most significant primary sources and secondary literature in the field with precise references.
- The proposal shall not exceed 1,500 words and must include your name at the top of the paper.
Pour plus d'informations: