Date limite d'inscription: le 28 Décembre 2018
Applications pour le 2019 Study of the United States Institutes (SUSI) for Student Leaders on Women’s Leadership. The five week program takes place during the June to August time-frame.
SUSI for Student Leaders are intensive short-term academic programs whose purpose is to provide groups of undergraduate student leaders with a deeper understanding of the United States while simultaneously enhancing their leadership skills. The program will examine the history and participation of women in public life in the United States and focus on two major areas: developing participants’ leadership skills in areas such as critical thinking, communication, decision-making, and managerial abilities; and, placing these abilities in the context of the history and participation of women in U.S. politics, economics, culture, and society. The program will also examine the historical domestic progress towards women’s equality in the United States, the current domestic successes and challenges to women in a variety of fields, and current challenges in global women’s issues.
The five-week program consists of a balanced series of seminar discussions, readings, group presentations, and lectures. The coursework and classroom activities will be complemented by educational travel, site visits, leadership activities, and volunteer opportunities within the local community. Each of the four institutes will include a four week academic residency component and a one week integrated study tour. As part of the academic residency, participants will have the opportunity to engage in educational and cultural activities outside of the classroom. During the Women’s Leadership Conference, more than 80 SUSI participants from different parts of the world will have opportunities to network with one another and to meet with inspiring U.S. women leaders.
- Être une femme
- Be between 18 and 25 years of age;
- Be interested in the topic of women’s leadership
- Have at least one semester left of their undergraduate studies, and therefore be committed to return to their home universities following completion of the program;
- Demonstrate strong leadership qualities and potential in their university and community activities;
- Indiquer un intérêt sérieux à apprendre sur les États-Unis;
- Have a sustained high level of academic achievement, as indicated by grades, awards, and teacher recommendations;
- Demonstrate commitment to community and extracurricular university activities;
- Have little or no prior study or travel experience in the United States or elsewhere outside of their home country;
- Be mature, responsible, independent, confident, open-minded, tolerant, thoughtful, and inquisitive;
- Be willing and able to fully participate in an intensive academic program, community service, and educational travel; and,
- Be comfortable with campus life, prepared to share living accommodations, and able to make adjustments to cultural and social practices different from those of their home country.
- Interested applicants should email their bio page, one page statement, academic transcripts, and recommendation letter (in not more than four attachments) to email@example.com.
- Email subject line should read – 2019 SUSI for Student Leaders.
- Applicant’s statements should describe their involvement in leadership, community involvement, what they hope to gain and take back from this program.
Prospective participants should contact the Public Affairs Section of their local Ambassade américaine or Consulate for up-to-date information about 2018 Institutes. U.S. Embassies manage the nomination of candidates, as well as organize participantsXCHARX visa interviews and international travel to the United States. In some countries, candidates may also be selected by a binational Fulbright Commission.
Pour plus d'informations: