Date limite d'inscription: Septembre 20th 2018
La Fondation Anna Lindh, in partnership with the Mediterranean Academy of Diplomatic Studies (MEDAC) et le the World Leadership Alliance-Club de Madrid, is organising on 14-19 January 2019 the first Regional Leadership Seminar in the framework of its flagship “Young Mediterranean Voices” programme.
The Regional Leadership Seminar will bring together 20/24 young emerging leaders from the participating countries of the Young Mediterranean Voices (YMV) for a 5-day programme including access to international institutions, media mentoring networks, and European peers. The Seminar will combine innovative methodologies to support the participants to work together in a fresh and exciting way, with a focus on tackling a common challenge relevant to societies to the south and north of the Mediterranean.
The components of the seminar programme include leading through values, cultural intelligence and digital outreach, and will provide trainees with direct exposure to established leaders (Club de Madrid member) and EU policy makers (co-ordinated by MEDAC and in close collaboration with the EU headquarters).
The experience will help participants to:
- grow as leaders and ambassadors for dialogue, by exposing them to new approaches to advocacy and communication
- build social capital, by giving them access to participants, contributors and new regional networks which they might otherwise not meet
- grow their media skills though expert training sessions with professional journalists and mentoring sessions with media experts
- develop their influencing and advocacy skills, through practical sessions with decision-makers and by putting them in front of senior leaders to present their findings
- enhance and stretch their analytical and creative skills, by innovative methods and approaches
- develop their skills for shaping digital media narratives and outreach
- develop their understanding of the region through interacting with youth from diverse backgrounds
- develop their Cultural Intelligence through participation in a challenging task with a diverse group
Profile of participants:
Skills and knowledge. The following criteria will be applied in the selection procedure:
- Interest in and proven capacity for engaging in policy advocacy on the regional stage.
- Knowledge of the socio-political environment at a local and national level.
- Capacity and capability to reach out to communities, to ensure opportunities are provided to all members of the network.
- Interest in Euro-Mediterranean issues/culture.
- Knowledge around youth sector issues.
- Proven research and analytical skills.
- Strong English speaker, and comprehension.
- Added value: Experience on virtual exchange debate/dialogue; familiarity with the Young Mediterranean Voices programme; interest on diversity; knowledge of other languages of the Mediterranean.
Age range: 18 to 30 years old.
Priority countries. Participants from the following countries are encouraged to apply:
- Southern Mediterranean: Algeria, Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Palestine, Tunisia.
- EU: Belgium, Croatia, Cyprus, Finland, France, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Malta, Poland, Portugal, Spain.
Gender, age and geographical balance among chosen participants will be ensured.
If you are interested in being a participant please fill in the formulaire de demande.
Please note that applicants are asked to submit their CV and a motivation video explaining what they plan to do on the back of the leadership training if they are selected to participate.
The deadline for the application is 20 September 2018, 17:00h Malta time.
The results of the selection will be decided by 4 October 2018. Only the shortlisted applicants will be contacted. A reserve list with those who have not been selected will be kept as a pool for upcoming opportunities.
Travel expenses and visa fees for the seminar in Malta will be covered by the organisation. Board and lodging will also be provided. The participants should be present for the entire seminar. Every participant will be responsible for organising their own comprehensive insurance (health, luggage, cancellation etc).
English will be the working language of the seminar.
Pour plus d'informations: