Date limite d'inscription: 17.00 (UK time) on Wednesday, 6 March 2019
The British Academy Global Professorships Programme aims to demonstrate and further enhance the UK’s commitment to international research partnerships and collaboration as well as strengthen the UK’s research capacity and capability in the humanities and the social sciences.
This programme provides mid-career to senior scholars – active in any discipline within the social sciences and the humanities and based in any country overseas – with the opportunity to relocate for a period of four years to the UK and make a contribution to UK research and higher education.
Chaque nomination de quatre ans se veut un projet complet en soi et devrait impliquer un axe de recherche spécifique, bien que l’Académie britannique n’ait pas de modèle privilégié pour l’équilibre du temps entre la recherche et l’enseignement (qui peut varier au cours de la bourse et dépendra des besoins de l’institution d’accueil britannique.
The aim of the programme is to enable world-class internationally-recognised established scholars to further their individual research goals while strengthening the UK research base and advancing the research goals and strategies of their UK host institutions.
Les candidats doivent:
- Be a world-class internationally-recognised mid-career to senior researchers who are currently employed outside the United Kingdom, on a permanent contract (which may be part-time or full-time) or, if temporary, would normally be on a contract that will not end during the course of the grant unless expressly agreed with the Academy prior to the application being submitted that such an application would be considered eligible, in any field of the humanities or the social sciences.
- Hold a doctoral degree (or have equivalent research experience).
- Be available to take up an unpaid leave of absence, a long-term secondment or employment at an eligible UK host institution. Eligible institutions include but are not limited to the British International Research Institutes.
- Awards are only available to individuals, to be held in an institutional context. Co-applicants are not permitted.
Awards will not be made retrospectively: this means that the work for which support is requested ne doit pas have commenced before the award is announced.
Awards must be taken up between 1 August 2019 XCHARX 1 February 2020.
Value and duration
Awards are for a period of 4 years.
The British Academy will provide funding of up to £187,500 per annum, and up to £750,000 over four years.
The host UK institution will be expected to contribute £37,500 per annum (20% of the Academy’s annual contribution) to help support the applicant’s salary in each of the four years.
Processus de demande
Applications must be submitted online using the British Academy’s grants application system, Flexi-Grant.
- Application, reference, supporting statement and UK host institution application approval deadline: 17.00 (UK time) on Wednesday, 6 March 2019.
Pour plus d'informations:
Visit the Official Webpage of the British Academy Global Professorships Program 2019