Date limite d'inscription: 31 December 2018
Les Commonwealth Secretary-General’s Innovation for Sustainable Development Awards will celebrate outstanding innovators and innovations that are helping Commonwealth countries and their people achieve the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and advance the values in the Charte du Commonwealth that commit Commonwealth countries to the development of free and democratic societies and the promotion of peace and prosperity.
- Recognise innovations that are advancing sustainable development in Commonwealth countries in line with the Commonwealth Charter and the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs);
- Highlight the innovative potential across the Commonwealth;
- Inspire the next generation of Commonwealth innovators.
- The award-winning innovations must reaffirm the core values and principles of the Commonwealth as declared in the Commonwealth Charter
- Il y aura three award winners for innovations in each of the five categories:
- Improve the well-being (i.e. health, education, human rights etc.) of Commonwealth GENS
- Améliorer PROSPÉRITÉ (i.e. economic development, trade, etc.) in the Commonwealth
- Promouvoir LA PAIX and justice in the Commonwealth
- Protéger le PLANET and the natural environment in the Commonwealth
- and promote PARTENARIATS for sustainable development in the Commonwealth
- The winners will be chosen for the impact or potential of their innovations to advance one or more of the 17 SDGs in Commonwealth countries:
Les récompenses seront décidées sur la base de:
- Level of impact or demonstrable potential of innovation;
- Fresh approaches to problem-solving;
- Quality of achievement so far;
- Quality of the evidence provided;
- Impact or potential impact of innovation on achievement of SDGs in Commonwealth countries
- Entrants must be:
- Commonwealth citizens (female and young Commonwealth innovators are especially encouraged to apply)
- Government ministries / departments / public sector agencies in Commonwealth countries
- Social or voluntary sector enterprises in Commonwealth countries
- Private sector enterprises based in any Commonwealth country
- The nominated innovations focusing on the SDGs must be supported with evidence that they are taking place in a Commonwealth country.
- Nominees must have been engaged in developing their innovations for more than 12 months, either in a professional or voluntary capacity.
- Award winners must agree to take part in Commonwealth-supported activities and initiatives.
Processus de nomination
The nomination process will be via an online platform only. Self-nomination is permitted. Each nominee can enter submissions for up to two of the five categories. Please click on the link below for details.
Date limite pour les nominations
31 Décembre 2018
Processus de sélection
An independent Judges’ Panel will oversee the selection process. The 15 winners will each receive a trophy, a certificate and prize money of £2000.
Pour plus d'informations: