Date limite de candidature: Avril 30th 2019
L'Institut Franklin seeks nominations for the 2020 Bower Award and Prize for Achievement in Science of individuals who have made significant contributions to the development of neural networks for machine learning—hardware or software systems designed as networks of artificial neurons that can be given raw data and trained to automatically discover abstract features that are relevant to detection, classification, or translation, resulting in desired outputs. Inputs could include text (machine translation), audio (speech recognition), or imagery (face recognition, scene understanding, photo sorting, image synthesis).
Outputs could include categorical labels, structured outputs, or actuator commands. Such artificial neural networks have yielded effective approaches to solving a wide spectrum of challenging practical problems resistant to solution using earlier algorithmic machine learning techniques.
Nominations are encouraged in, but not limited to, the following subtopics:
- Network architectures: layered, recurrent, self-organizing, convolutional, long short-term memory, auto encoders, deep networks
- Training or learning methods: cooperative, competitive, back propagation of errors, supervised, unsupervised, reinforcement, adaptive resonance, generative adversarial
- Network implementation: analog, digital, stochastic, energy-efficient, hardware-accelerated
- Broad applications: speech recognition, language translation, face recognition, scene understanding, photo sorting, reading print or handwriting, medical image diagnosis, autonomous vehicles, drug delivery design, question answering, web searches, game playing
Nominations should clearly indicate the scientific impact—innovative, technical, and/or conceptual—and, when applicable, the societal impact of the nominee’s work.
- This is an international competition for individuals who have made significant contributions to neural networks for machine learning.
- Ce prix et ce prix doivent être remis à une personne, conformément au testament de Henry Bower.
- Candidates must be living, and the winner must participate in The Franklin Institute Awards Week programs, to be held in April 2020 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA.
- Les candidatures de toute personne ou organisation seront acceptées, y compris les auto-nominations.
- Un courriel d’intention de nomination serait apprécié par April 30, 2019.
Procédure de nomination
An email of intent to nominate received by April 30, 2019 would be appreciated.
Les candidatures doivent être soumises en anglais et doivent inclure:
- Name and contact information of nominee
- Nom et coordonnées du proposant
- Curriculum vitae du candidat et bibliographie de publications significatives et pertinentes
- Citation proposée de mots 50 ou moins, en soulignant les réalisations pour lesquelles le candidat est proposé
- Narrative statement describing the nominee’s qualifications for the award
- Four confidential letters of support requested by the nominator, sent directly to The Franklin Institute Awards Office
- Deadline for completed nominations is May 31, 2019
All nominations and supporting letters should be mailed or emailed to:
Directeur, Franklin Institute Awards
222 du Nord 20th rue
Philadelphia, PA 19103-1194
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Pour plus d'informations:
Visit the Official Webpage of the Franklin Institute Bower Award & Prize 2020