Application Deadline: Friday, 3rd May at 17:00 South African Time
L'Open Society Initiative pour l'Afrique australe (OSISA) is pleased to announce a Call for Proposals for increasing the rights and economic benefits of Informal Cross Border Traders (ICBTs) in Southern Africa. Countries considered under this call include: Angola, Botswana, Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC), Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, South Africa, Swaziland, Zambiaand Zimbabwe.
1) supporting advocacy initiatives towards gender-responsive policies and legal frameworks at national and SADC levels as well as practices that enable women’s economic rights in the ICBT sector to be realized and respected, and for opportunities for their economic activities to be increased and supported;
2) building the capacity of organizations, networks, and movements that are emerging and leading efforts to promote and defend women informal traders’ rights;
3) supporting the economic activities, as well as increasing the economic opportunities for women in the informal trade sector; and,
4) building women informal traders’ own agency, voice, visibility and amplifying their voices in demanding their rights.
Total project costs must be between USD 10,000 to USD 100,000 over no more than a two year period.
2. Instructions for submitting a proposal
• Only proposals meeting the submission guidelines will be reviewed.
• A Complete submission consists of the OSISA Concept Note and Budget template. You can find the OSISA templates online at: www.osisa.org/grants
• For more details regarding our grant making process follow this link: https://osisa.org/grants/
• The application form (Word) must be submitted in this original format along with any supporting documentation to the following email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
• Only one application per entity will be accepted.
Language of proposal:
Proposals can be submitted in either English, Portuguese or French.
Deadline for submission: The deadline for submission of proposals is Friday, 3rd May at 17:00 South African Time
Pour plus d'informations: