Application Deadline: Monday, November 26, 2018 at 5:00pm Tunisia time.
En tant que membre de Programme de bourses Thomas Jefferson, the 2019-2020 Tunisia Undergraduate Scholarship Program, a program of the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs of the United States Department of State, provides opportunities for outstanding undergraduate students from Tunisia for one year of full-time, non-degree study in the United States. Students will attend four year universities and colleges and will live in on-campus housing (dormitories).
Participants may submit U.S. transcripts to their home institution for review upon completion of the program to determine if the credits are transferrable. The program will provide participants with a deeper understanding of American culture and new globally-applicable skills and expertise to help them contribute to the growth and development of Tunisia.
A broad range of academic fields of study are eligible, including humanities, social sciences, applied sciences, natural and physical sciences, arts, and other standard university fields of study. Please note that students studying at ISSAT (Institut Supérieur des Sciences Appliquées et de Technologie) are not eligible for Tunisia UGRAD but should apply for the Tunisia Community College Scholarship Program (TCCSP).
Students should identify their program field of study on their application. This
field should be drawn from the standard university/college curriculum within the United States. Please note that students may not enroll in clinical coursework while on the Tunisia UGRAD Program.
To support students in the development of the skills, knowledge, and attitudes needed to build strong foundations for professional leadership success contributing to Tunisia’s development, participants engage in experiential learning components in addition to their academic programs:
Cultural Engagement: To develop students’ interpersonal and cross-cultural skills, participants will be required to give a minimum of one country presentation during their program; complete cross-cultural activities each semester; and develop a virtual cultural exchange activity.
Community Service: To expose students to the principles of community service and social responsibility in the United States, participants will be required to perform a minimum of 20 hours of community service with local organizations during their first semester and participate in a leadership development mid-program workshop.
Part-Time Internship: Internships provide an essential opportunity for participants to develop key personal soft skills and gain professional experience and skills that can be applied in their future careers in Tunisia. Program participants will be required to intern a total of 80 hours during their second semester; each participant’s internship must be related to their program field of study.
The Thomas Jefferson Scholarship Program does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, or any other protected characteristic as established by U.S. law. Competition for the Programme de bourses d'études de premier cycle en Tunisie is merit-based and open to anyone who:
• est un citoyen tunisien;
• Is currently enrolled as a first- or second-year full-time undergraduate (Licence) student in good academic standing at the time of application at a registered academic institution in Tunisia;
o Architecture students are eligible in their first-, second-, third-, or fourth-year of study. Engineering students are eligible in their first-, or second-year (preparatory classes), and third- and fourth-year of undergraduate study;
o Si vous étudiez à l'ISSAT (Institut Supérieur des Sciences Appliquées et de Technologie), veuillez consulter le formulaire de demande de bourse d'études du Tunisia Community College.
• réside actuellement en Tunisie;
• est en mesure de recevoir un visa américain J-1;
• Au moins 18 est-il âgé d'au moins juillet 1, 2019?
• s'engage à retourner en Tunisie après l'achèvement du programme; et
• Is able to achieve a TOEFL score of 500 (PBT)
DISPOSITIONS FINANCIÈRES DE LA SUBVENTION
• le support de visa J-1;
• Voyage aller-retour entre la ville d'origine du participant et l'établissement d'accueil aux États-Unis;
• Accident and sickness medical coverage;
• les frais de scolarité et les frais universitaires obligatoires;
• Chambre et pension (logement et repas);
• allocation pour petits frais accessoires;
• allocation limitée pour les livres;
• Une grande variété de possibilités de réseautage et de formation pour les anciens
GENERAL APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
• Please answer ALL questions on the application in English (except where specified).
• Include your full, legal name – family name (surname) and first name – as spelled on your international passport (if available) or national identity card. Do not translate name spellings.
• Include complete contact information (including postal codes for all addresses and city/country codes for all phone and fax numbers). Do not translate street or city names into English. Instead, please write the names using the English alphabet.
• Do NOT leave a space blank. If a question does not apply to you, enter N/A (not applicable).
• Applicants are encouraged to complete the application online at www.irex.org.
• If submitting a paper application:
o All forms and supporting materials should be typewritten (if possible) and submitted with the completed application. Handwritten applications must be neatly printed in black ink.
o Write your full name and home city in the top right corner of each page.
Une demande complétée comprend:
• Additional Application Questions: Applicants must provide information about how they heard about the Tunisia Undergraduate Scholarship Program, plans to apply for other sponsored educational exchange programs and their permanent home governorate.
• Short Answers 1-5: Applicants must answer each question and use no more than 250 words per response. Answers must be the applicant’s own work.
• Essay 1: Applicants must completely answer the question including all sub-questions associated with Essay 1. This answer should be no more than 800 words and in essay format. Answers must be the applicant’s own work.
• Essay 2: Applicants must completely answer the question including all sub-questions associated with Essay 2. This answer should be no more than 800 words and in essay format. Answers must be the applicant’s own work.
LIGNES DIRECTRICES DE SOUMISSION
The deadline for applications for Tunisia UGRAD is Monday, November 26, 2018 at 5:00pm Tunisia time. Applications may be submitted to IREX in one of two ways: Online or by paper.
Applications en ligne:
Les candidats sont encouragés à remplir la demande en ligne.
1. La demande en ligne peut être consultée sur le site Web d'IREX à l'adresse suivante: http://www.irex.org/project/tunisia-ugrad
2. Please read the instructions and Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) carefully prior to beginning the application.
Applications de papier:
Les demandes sur papier peuvent être soumises à l'adresse suivante:
IREX/Tunisia c/o Startup Haus Tunis 71 Avenue Jean Jaurès
Pour plus d'informations: