Date limite d'inscription: Avril 1st 2019
Chercheurs postdoctoraux d'Afrique subsaharienne, including South Africa, can go on a ‘Cooperation Visit’ lasting three months to an institute in Germany.
Le programme de visites de coopération TWAS-DFG provides postdoctoral researchers from sub-Saharan Africa, including South Africa, with the opportunity to make a three-month ‘Cooperation Visit’ to a research institute in Germany. Such visits must be undertaken within 12 months of the award.
The aim of the visit is to initiate research collaboration between African and German scientists with the ultimate goal of developing longer-term links, perhaps through other Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft (DFG, or German Research Foundation) programmes. DFG will cover health insurance, travel expenses and provide subsistence costs for the stay in Germany. The administration and financial operation of TWAS is undertaken by UNESCO in accordance with an agreement signed by the two organizations.
- Les candidats doivent détenir un doctorat et doivent l'avoir obtenu au plus tôt 2014;
- Applicants must be nationals of a sub-Saharan African country, including South Africa, and hold a research position in sub-Saharan African country.
- Applicants already on site in Germany or with an established collaboration with the intended host are not eligible.
- Previous receipients of a TWAS-DFG Cooperation Visit cannot reapply. For a second visit, the German host can apply for funding under the DFG Initiation of International Collaboration Programme.
- Les femmes scientifiques sont particulièrement encouragées à postuler.
- Tous les champs académiques seront considérés.
Finding a German host
Cliquez s'il vous plait ici for useful information on how to identify the best German host in your field.
Soumettre votre demande
Applicants must complete the online application form by clicking on the ‘Apply now’ button at the bottom of this page. While filling in the online application, applicants also need to upload the following documentation:
- copie scannée de votre passeport, même si expiré (page avec votre nom et prénom);
- CV, maximum two pages including a list of no more than 6 publications;
- a recent invitation letter from a German host – on the host institution’s letterhead paper – which should contain the proposed time of the visit (up to 3 months) and should refer to the proposed cooperation. It should be made evident that the applicant and the proposed host have been in contact regarding the scientific work to be done during the visit and that the conditions for conducting the work have been agreed in terms of the timing of the visit and the facilities available.
- deux lettres de référence de scientifiques chevronnés connaissant bien votre travail. Les lettres doivent être sur papier à en-tête et signées;
- copie du certificat de doctorat;
- preuve de compétence en anglais ou en allemand;
- supporting statement from the Head/Director of the applicant’s home institute: it must confirm that the Head/Director is favourable to the application and that the applicant will be granted leave to take up the cooperation visit in Germany if awarded.
- Les visites de coopération TWAS-DFG ne comprennent pas de dispositions pour les membres de la famille qui les accompagnent.
- Les demandes de visites à temps partiel seront considérées comme non admissibles.
- Les candidats retenus ne doivent pas assumer d'autres tâches pendant la période de leurs visites de coopération.
- DFG shall be entitled to a repayment of all or part of any funds paid to an applicant hereunder, in the event that the applicant intentionally or negligently fails to fulfil any or all of the above conditions. The applicant agrees to pay any reasonable legal and/or collection costs incurred by DFG to obtain the repayment.
Please be advised that applicants may apply for only one programme per calendar year in the TWAS and OWSD portfolio.
Applicants will not be eligible to visit another institution in that year under the TWAS Professeur invité programmes. One exception: the head of an institution who invite an external scholar to share his/her expertise under the TWAS Professeur invité programmes may still apply for another programme.
Email du contact: email@example.com
Pour plus d'informations: