Date limite d'inscription:10 Novembre 2018.
Somalia is one of the youngest countries in the world, with more than 4.6 million people between the ages of 15 and 35. However, avenues for youth to obtain an education and gainful employment opportunities are limited and opportunities to engage politically, economically, or socially remain weak or non-existent. The space and opportunities are even further restricted for girls and young women.
Improving young people’s lives and empowering them to play an active role in society is crucial for the implementation of the Sustainable Development Goals and to ensure sustainable peace and stability in Somalia.
Therefore, the United Nations in Somalia is currently looking for young people from Somali youth organizations from different regions of the country to be part of the UN Youth Advisory Board, and directly advise the United Nations on its policies and programmes related to youth.
The UN Youth Advisory Board will help to improve the relevance, mobilization and outreach of different United Nations initiatives among young people in Somalia and help the United Nations to improve its response to the needs of youth.
The Board will have an advisory role, working closely with the UN Inter-Agency Working Group on Youth, to advise the UN senior leadership in Somalia and will contribute to increase the level and quality of youth participation in the planning, implementation and monitoring of UN policies and programmes.
It will consist of 12 members aged 15 to 35 years, who are working or involved with local youth and professional organizations to provide a balanced representation of the different social backgrounds and interests of the young people in Somalia. Six will be appointed by the regional youth umbrella organizations, and another six will be identified through an open call based on their work towards one of the six thematic priorities:
- Employment & Entrepreneurship
- Protection of Rights and Civic Engagement
- Inclusion politique
- Education & Skills Development
- consolidation de la paix
Board members will be selected based on fulfilling the following criteria:
- Somali citizenship
- Ages between 15-33 at the time of nomination
- Evidence that they represent a youth organisation, group or network currently operating in Somalia that serves to benefit and support youth and young people, the human rights of young people and youth participation.
- Represent a diversity of sex, age, racial and geographic characteristics and an overall gender balance.
- Language capacity to understand development concepts and to articulate them clearly (in English). Preference will be given to those with strong communication and advocacy skills in order to ensure strong youth voices and active participation in the meetings.
- Commitment to support follow up actions and recommendations as outcomes of the Board discussions.
- Willingness to commit personally to the Board’s work and to have the flexibility and availability to participate in meetings and other activities pertinent to the work of the Board.
- Willingness to serve on voluntary basis.
- Agree with and sign the confidentiality agreement and code of conduct.
There will be no financial compensation for participation at the Youth Advisory Board.
Pour plus d'informations: