Date limite d'inscription: Décembre 1st 2018
The U.S. Department of State’s Middle East Partnership Initiative (MEPI) and AMIDEAST are pleased to announce this year’s recruitment for the Tomorrow’s Leaders Scholarship Program. Le programme de bourses d'études de demain est une initiative de MEPI pour les lycéens compétents et très motivés au Moyen-Orient et en Afrique du Nord qui sont issus de milieux défavorisés. Le programme offrira des bourses d'études universitaires de quatre ans et des possibilités de stages dans des établissements d'enseignement supérieur sélectionnés au Moyen-Orient à des étudiants qui ont le potentiel de devenir des leaders.
Eligible students include men and women who represent the region’s cultural, religious, and geographic diversity and are from socio-economically disadvantaged backgrounds, who could otherwise gain admission to, but would be unable to afford, four years of college at an American university in the Middle East. Tomorrow’s Leaders scholarship recipients should be prepared to begin the program in the Fall 2019 term.
The primary objective of MEPI’s Tomorrow’s Leaders scholarship program is to build a cadre of university-age leaders who are civic-minded, intellectually able, and professionally skilled, who will become the community, business, and national leaders of the future. The program intends to nurture leadership skills and the spirit of civic engagement and volunteerism among outstanding university-age students at the American University of Beirut and the Lebanese American University.
Selected students will join the 447 TomorrowXCHARXs Leaders already studying or who have graduated from these universities.
Scholarship recipients may pursue an undergraduate degree in a selected field at one of the two host institutions.. In addition to their studies, recipients will be expected to maintain at least a 3.0 GPA, engage in community service activities and participate in internships. Limited English- language training will be provided for some participants. Students may also have an opportunity for a study abroad semester in the U.S.
American University of Beirut XCHARX Offered Majors to MEPI-TL applicants who will enroll in Fall 2019
Faculty of Agriculture and Food Sciences FAFS
• Agribusiness (BS)
• Agriculture (BS)
• Food Science and Management (BS)
• Landscape Architecture (BLA)
• Nutrition and Dietetics (BS)
Faculty of Arts and Sciences (FAS)
• Arabic Language and Literature (BA)
• Archaeology (BA)
• Art History (BA)
• Biology (BS)
• Chemistry (BS)
• Computer Science (BS)
• Economics (BA)
• Education/Elementary (BA)
• English Language (BA)
• English Literature (BA)
• Geology (BS)
• History (BA)
• Mathematics (BA, BS)
• Media and Communication (BA)
• Petroleum Studies (BS)
• Philosophy (BA)
• Physics (BS)
• Political Studies (BA)
• Psychology (BA)
• Public Administration (BA)
• Sociology-Anthropology (BA)
• Special Education (DIPLM)
• Statistics (BA)
• Studio Arts (BA)
• Teaching Diploma (TD) (Teaching of Arabic, Health Education, Elementary Education, Informatics Education, Mathematics Education, Science Education, Teaching of Social Studies, Teaching of English as a foreign language)
Faculty of Health Sciences (FHS)
• Environmental Health (BS)
- Rafic Hariri School of Nursing (HSON)
• Soins infirmiers
Olayan School of Business (OSB)
• Business Administration (BBA)
- La participation au programme comprend: les frais de voyage, les frais de scolarité pour quatre ans d'université à AUB ou LAU, une expérience d'études à l'étranger, l'assurance accident et maladie, le logement et une allocation mensuelle pendant l'année scolaire.
Pour plus d'informations: