Date limite d'inscription: 11:59pm FEBRUARY 1, 2019
In the interest of enhancing transatlantic exchange and collaboration, the Association de recherche ouest-africaine, with funding from the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs of the US State Department, offers Résidences for WARA member institutions to host a West African Scholar on their campus.
Each residency will last 4-8 weeks and will provide the visiting scholar with opportunities for library research, guest lecturing, and/or collaborative work with American colleagues. Please note that residencies are short-term exchanges and are not meant to fill faculty positions.
WARA will pay the round-trip travel costs of the selected scholar as well as a stipend of $3500 to help cover meals and local transportation costs. Host institutions are encouraged to provide additional support in the form of housing, office space, library privileges, laboratory facilities, or other supports for the period of the residency.
All applications must be submitted online and will include:
- Nom et coordonnées du représentant de l'institution hôte WARA
- A 50-80 word abstract of the proposed residency, clearly indicating the purpose of the Residency (clearly indicate the host institution contact person)
- A proposal of no more than six (6) double-spaced pages profiling the visiting scholar, his or her proposed residency activities, how the residency will contribute to the goals of WARA, the expected impact or outcome of the residency, and any support that the host institution is prepared to contribute
- Curriculum vitae pour le chercheur invité
- Une lettre d'intérêt du chercheur
- Une lettre d'appui d'un administrateur compétent (doyen, directeur de département, etc.) de l'établissement d'accueil
- Proof of citizenship in the form of a copy of the scholar’s passport (please note: only scholars who are eligible for non-immigrant visas to the U.S. will be considered)
Please note that applications can only be made by WARA member institutions for the purpose of bringing a specific scholar to their campus. Applications from individual scholars will not be accepted.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED NO LATER THAN 11:59pm FEBRUARY 1, 2019. LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
Upon completion of the residency, residents are required to submit, in collaboration with their host institution, a detailed report of their work and findings. This report will subsequently be published in the biannual Newsletter de WARA. Please direct inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
Financement pour WARA Residency Program is provided by the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs of the US Department of State through a grant from the Council of American Overseas Research Centers.