Date limite d'inscription: Mars 15th 2019
La Subvention de voyage de l'ARM supports West African post graduate scholars and researchers carrying out research on the African continent. Studies in all disciplines are welcome. This grant covers travel taking place between July 1st, 2019 and December 31st, 2019.
La bourse de voyage de l'ARM promotes intra-African cooperation and exchange among researchers and institutions by providing support to African scholars and graduate students for research visits to other institutions on the continent. The WARC Travel Grant provides travel costs up to $1,500 and a stipend of $1,500.
This competition is open only to West African nationals, with preference given to those affiliated with West African colleges, universities, or research institutions. Travel grant funds may be used to: 1) attend and present papers at academic conferences relevant to the applicant’s field of research; 2) visit libraries or archives that contain resources necessary to the applicant’s current academic work; 3) engage in collaborative work with colleagues at another institution; 4) travel to a research site.
Successful candidates must agree to make public presentations on their research to 1) their academic institution, and 2) their local communities. Moreover, successful candidates will submit to the WARC Library in Dakar one copy of their dissertation/thesis, articles, and other publications arising from the research funded through this grant.
All applications must be submitted online. Complete applications will include uploaded word, pdf, or jpgs of all of the documents listed below; however, PDFs are the preferred format for all attached documents. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Un bref résumé (mot 50-80) de l'activité à financer, en commençant par une déclaration d'intention claire
- A description (6 double-spaced pages maximum) of the applicant’s research and how the proposed travel is relevant to this work. This should be presented in language understandable to non-specialist readers
- Un projet de budget
- Un curriculum vitae avec dossier de recherche et d'enseignement lorsque pertinent
- Si vous participez à une conférence, un résumé du document à lire et une lettre d'acceptation à la conférence
- Si vous visitez une autre institution, une invitation de l'institution hôte
- If travel is to consult archives or other materials, a description of the collections to be consulted and their significance to the applicant’s research
- Pour les étudiants diplômés, une lettre de recommandation du professeur supervisant leur recherche
- Proof of citizenship in the form of a photocopy of the applicant’s passport (please note: this competition is open only to West African nationals).
S'il vous plaît adresser des demandes à
Centre de Recherche Ouest Africain / Centre de Recherche Ouest Africaine
Pour plus d'informations:
Visit the Official Webpage of the WARC Travel Grant Fellowship Program 2019