Date limite d'inscription:In your local timezone (GMT -5)
Le Groupe de la Banque mondiale et le Financial Times are hosting a competition for our future leaders.
Thème: How Would You Reimagine Education?
World Bank Group/Financial Times’ 2018 blog writing competition for high school students
Do you often wonder what kind of job you will have when you grow up? Do you think your school is preparing you for the work you may do in the future? What will classrooms and teachers of the future be like? Do you think there are better ways to learn? Do you have inspired and imaginative ideas to re-invent education? Are you between the ages of 16 and 19 and currently enrolled in high school or a secondary education institution?
If this sounds like you, then enter our blog writing contest!We want young people with brilliant ideas and solutions, who will be most affected by the changing nature of jobs and skills to share their perspective on what could help better prepare them for the future.
Why are we running this competition?
The jobs of the future will be different from the ones today and we will need to learn new things and develop new skills to excel at them. This builds on the recently launched Projet de capital humain as well as the World Bank’s World Development Reports on The Changing Nature of Work et le LEARNING to Realize Education’s Promise.
There is a growing body of research on what we need as a global community to be ready for the future. Leaders and policy makers are engaged and actively looking for answers to better prepare their citizens for an uncertain future. But, the people who will be most affected are today’s high school students and those who follow them. This is why we wanted to ask you what you think will better prepare you for your future.
- Les entrées doivent être le travail de l'auteur de la communication et ne peuvent être ni collaboratives ni écrites par un mandataire.
- Les participants doivent être inscrits au lycée ou dans une version de l'enseignement secondaire et doivent être âgés de moins de 13 ans 16-19.
- Les inscriptions ne doivent être soumises qu'en anglais.
- Il n'y a pas de frais à payer pour participer au concours.
- Schools with multiple students entering the contest are encouraged to register the school here: www.ft.com/schoolsarefree.
- The winning entry will be published in the Financial Times (at its sole discretion), the World Bank Group blog, and brought with reasonable expenses covered to the World Bank Group Spring Meetings in Washington D.C. in April 2019, provided he/she is able to travel and assumes responsibility for obtaining a visa to the United States. Winners below 18 years will need a guardian’s permission to travel.
So, tell us in your own words: What do you want to learn? What kinds of jobs do you want and what kinds of jobs do you think will exist when you are older? What will best prepare you and the students that come after you, to adapt and thrive in tomorrow’s world.
WBG wants your creativity and your originality. Send us:
• A strong blog or essay, that is no longer than 500 words.
• Photos, videos, visualizations that help support your story, are optional.
• Your name, age, school, email, and country you live in.
La date limite pour les soumissions est Janvier 31st, 2019. Entries will be judged by a high-level panel comprised of senior officials at the World Bank, Financial Times and select partners.
For more information on entering the competition and to submit your entry, cliquez ici.
You can also register your school here to receive free subscriptions of the Financial Times for students at any time: www.ft.com/schoolsarefree.
Pour plus d'informations: